Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm finally showing, or Who knew shopping could be so stressful?

The Babymoon marked the official half way point - last Saturday was 20 weeks - and it was basically that weekend that my belly decided to shoot out. (Oh, and I went with pre-preg bikinis after all. They more or less covered what they needed to cover.) It was an odd week - I could never really be certain if anyone knew, unless they were our waitress at dinner one night to whom my expectancy was apparently so obvious that it was smacking her in the face. No one at the B&B mentioned it until the last day, and we had been eating breakfast with these people for 5 days! Clothing wasn't too much of a challenge since I was in comfy, non-restrictive clothes all week as much as humanly possible. It was such a relaxing vacation - perfect time to rest, have adventures, and get excited planning for Super Baby.

Here I am, officially half way through:

Upon my return, I decided "Denial no more!" and I would hit the shops to accommodate my changing figure. Thus far, I pretty much had one pair of maternity pants which I promptly put on my first morning back to work, once I realized that I was in no mood to see if anything fit anymore. And I needed to dress myself past Wednesday, so... Let me tell you though, when you literally have 2 stores in the mall to choose from shopping isn't so fun anymore. First stop was Pea in a Pod where I spent way too much on a pair of jeans, but dammit if I'm going to be wearing one pair of jeans for the next 5 months they better not fall apart on me. Old Navy was disappointing, but I will likely go back there for some basic t-shirts and stuff once I've stretched out all my other shirts. I also got some new bras, and did some damage online as well. Ann Taylor Loft has a new maternity section on their website and was having a bitchin' sale, so I got some nice pants for work. I think I have now successfully created a miniature wardrobe for the time being, though I know I will be sad when cute spring clothes start arriving in stores and begin to more and more like an elephant.

And here's a picture of Super Baby's feet from the 20 week ultrasound:

You can't see it, but he/she is checking out Zappos as we speak...

No comments: