First I'd like to thank everyone who supports this blog by reading it and visiting all of our wonderful advertisers' sites. You are truly gentlemen and scholars. It wasn't so long ago that I only thought Rainy was reading this (another shout out to Big Rain Dawg), but now I hear that people are sending their friends' co-workers' parents' cousins to the site, which is nice.
We got a lot of responses to the "what we are not going to name the kid" post, especially from people whose Hebrew name is Faygie. Who knew how popular Faygie is?! Maybe it'll go back on the big board... wait, no it won't. Anyhoo, we were at Ari "The Moss Man" Moss's house recently for a Friday night booze-and-boogie session (I had the booze, Kim had the apple juice; the baby boogied) and came up with a few more names that will not be on the list, including:
1. Anything that would sound weird going directly before "silver," like Golda or Sterling. Moss said that if we name the kid Sterling, he will name his firstborn Pete (get it? Pete Moss?), which would be more tempting if Ari had a pregnant wife, or even a pregnant girlfriend, or for that matter, a girlfriend. You're killing your grandmother Ari! All she wants is a great-grandchild!
2. Any body part. I know, a lot of you were hoping for little Balls Tit Silverstein, but it ain't gonna happen.
3. Any name of a religious savior not from our religion, including Allah, Jesus, Jesus with the Spanish pronunciation, Buddha, or L. Ron.
4. The secret name for GD in Hebrew, which is spelled yud-hay-vav-hay and is unpronounceable. This could lead to the following exchange:
Person: Hi, what's your name?
The kid: (smiling politely)
Person: OK...
The kid: Here, let me write it out for you.
Person: How do you pronounce that?
The kid: You don't.
Person: (awkward silence)
5. Moshiach, which is the Hebrew word for "messiah." It would be a nice name, and who knows, maybe our kid will be the messiah (somehow I doubt it though). However, I can just imagine a situation where young Moshiach Silverstein is misbehaving and I sternly say, "Moshiach, I want you to come right this instant. Moshiach, NOW!" And 100 Lubavitchers would go into palpitations.
6. Corey.
Party on party people. - Papa Mike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You can't have Methuselah. Adam and I have already called that one.
Post a Comment