I guess that means a few things these days, but today it means that Ivy turned two!!! She has been talking about this forever. We taught her that her birthday is June 7th, so a safe answer to any question you ask her has been "June 7!" as of late. Well, this morning when she finally woke up, I told her that it was actually June 7 and she was SO EXCITED! She had her favorite yogurt for breakfast, got to watch Goofy Baby even though we were running late (Miss Sleepy Pants decided to sleep in until 8:15), wore a new dress in her favorite color (purple, of course), and posed for some adorable pictures. I was so sad to have to leave her at day care and go to work. This is an unknown phenomenon for me, as a winter break baby who spent all of my birthdays at home without having to go to school or anywhere. But I knew she would have fun. Everyone was so excited to see her and celebrate - all the kids made cards and a special crown, and apparently there was cake.

It must have been some party because she was zonked when we got home! She birthday skyped with the grandparents, GGH, and got more birthday calls than I have for the past 5 years combined. I made her favorite salmon for dinner, and for dessert a delicious ice cream cupcake that she ended up letting Mike and I eat most of. I think the whole concept blew her mind. Believe me, it blew mine too. She put on new birthday jammies after bath, and with a few stories and songs was ready for bed.
It's amazing how fast the last 2 years have flown. Now that I'm pregnant again, I sometimes flash back to be pregnant with Ivy and that was now OVER 2 years ago! She surprises us every day with her wit, intelligence, and smiles and we can't get enough. It's so hard to believe we're going to do it again, but this time with a whole new person AND Ivy to be a part of it. I sometimes don't know if I have the stamina for it - Ivy sure does test us with her tantrums and ever-increasing independence. But she is so wonderful and I know she is going to be a great big sister.
Here is a photo retrospective of the last three June 7th's of our lives:
June 7, 2008

June 7, 2009

June 7, 2010

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ivy! She looks adorable in her new birthday dress!
Post a Comment