Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One month down...

Last weekend, on Saturday, Sidney turned one month!

Mike was opposed, but I really wanted to do month pictures with Sidney, something I never really did with Ivy. (He's just pissed because I forgot to take his 373 month picture last month.) People on the message boards I used to go on when Ivy was a baby always took those pictures, but holding up a crappy-made sign, scribbled in pencil on the back of a used envelope or something, "So-and-so is 3 months old today!" I swore if I ever did that I wouldn't do a sign, so I found these cute stickers instead. There's one for each month (duh) and you just stick it on a plain onesie. Bam!

With one month under our belts, we're all doing pretty well. I'm feeling pretty great, and gain more and more strength every day...which is a good thing because tonight is the last of our amazing Hesed meals, and I will need to start cooking again. I even managed to get out ALONE last night! I went to a premier party for the release of this video, where I saw friends, networked a little, and enjoyed my favorite libation (margarita!) and snack (chips and salsa!). Sidney is awake more during the day, and he's just so chill and awesome. He loves looking around and just hanging out with me. He's eating like it's going out of style, and he has a pile of outgrown clothes to show for it.

Last night Sidney slept a 7 HOUR stretch! (Okay, perhaps the abovementioned margarita had something to do with it.) When I looked at clock and saw 5:38, I was so freaking happy. Until...

"MOMMY!"

Seriously?! Both kids up at this hour, and I'm only happy about one of them. Since it was still pitch black we decided to see if we could get her back to sleep, because obviously she doesn't know what time it is. After a few back and forths of Mike and I going into her room, and a few songs, back rubs, and hand holding, we thought she went back to sleep...but alas. By this point it was 6:30 and Mike was getting up anyway, so he got her up and that was that. Sid and I went back to sleep, dreaming of when the next long stretch would come.

I know, you're probably wanting to type something like "HA! You just THINK he's sleeping through the night - I guarantee he'll never do it again!" because that's what we heard with Ivy all the time. No where did I suggest this was the case. Case in point - Ivy is almost 2 1/2 and still sometimes gets up in the middle of the night! Let me enjoy my sleep while I'm getting it, thankyouverymuch.

Speaking of, methinks it's time for a nap!

1 comment:

Abby Fifer Mandell said...

I think is is AWESOME that Sidney slept for 7 hours. No parade-raining here!