MIKE - Oh my God, I don't know how I'd do ANY of this without him. He is truly the best partner I could imagine. We share the workload, often times he does more than his share, and it makes it all manageable. We love our little team, even when things are rough. I could go on and on, but just trust me when I say he's the best.
MY MOM - I don't know what I'd do without her help. (Are you sensing a theme here? Childrearing was never meant to be done alone!) We've been lucky that my parents live close enough to us that they can come visit/babysit with relatively short notice. And now with 2 kids, we realized how much we need them! I have found that even when I'm home alone during the week and I'm hands-free for a couple hours while Sid naps, I'm never that motivated to get things done. I still need an extra pair of hands to help with certain tasks, or at least get me moving toward accomplishing something. My mom has been great at that, as well as helping with random errands and things that are much more difficult for me to do with one or both kids in tow, like running to store to buy milk or doing the dishes or laundry. It's so amazing to not have to worry about some of the little things while she's here, so I can take care of other bigger tasks, or just rest when I need it. Thanks Mom!
ALL OF THE FAMILY - Not single out just one person, but everyone has been amazing this year and always. My dad, for doing ANYTHING we need and helping us with some of the more mundane tasks of being adults (thank goodness he loves taking care of cars!). My in-laws who make an incredible effort to come visit us as often as they can, so they can be in Ivy and Sidney's lives.
IVY AND SIDNEY - Kids are a ton of work, but it's so worth it. Even when Ivy tests my patience, she quickly follows up with a quip that leaves me laughing for days. And Sidney is just starting to smile and is as cuddly as ever, making those 3am feedings tolerable. Best of all is how they are together - Ivy is madly in love, and Sid is sweet enough to put up with her near-suffocating hugs.
OUR COMMUNITY - When else would we get to indulge in friendship and love on a weekly basis? Shabbat has truly become our oasis in the desert of our week. Every week is a celebration - of a new baby, a coming of age, a marriage, or just simply being together and learning and connecting. We're so blessed to be amongst such wonderful, supportive people who also happen to give generously of their hand-me-downs!

1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving and he's adorable!
Post a Comment