Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So much to do, so little time

I seriously cannot believe how fast the time is flying. I remember when I leisurely made a list of things I wanted to do while on leave, and now I'm frantically trying to cross them off! I'm sorta in denial...

Yesterday, great progress was made, thanks to my mom - we did a major clean out of our garage so we could have room for all of our strollers and other nonsense. It felt liberating to throw out and donate so much stuff. We also began tackling the kids' room, cleaning out and organizing their huge closet and sorting through old toys and junk. Soon it will be time for Ivy's roommate to move in, and I still have to get her big girl bed ready. Thank goodness OSH has a how-to videofor staining furniture. (What am I getting myself into??) I'm going to spruce up the hand-me-down twin bed in our office for her, and then Grandma and Grandpa's Hanukkah present to Ivy is a new mattress and bedding. This is what she picked out at Target:

The bed project is going to be intense (this is me we're talking about here), so I'm trying to be realistic about everything else:
  • Must. Finish. Thank you notes. (Sorry if you haven't received yours yet - I promise it's coming!)
  • Spend lots of time snuggling with Sid in bed, relishing his yummy rolls and sweet smile.
  • Oh and of course, cooking and freezing lots of meals...because if I don't Ivy will be eating a lot of Trader Joe's soy nuggets for dinner.
That's about it. I was also pleased to find some great clothes to go back to work, an early birthday present from my parents. Stretchy-waist skirts that are actually cute - who knew?! And I'll leave you with a comparison shot of Ivy and Sid at 2 months. These are pictures my dad took - the one of Ivy is a classic, so we decided to recreate the scene with Sid at exactly the same age. I forgot she had so much hair!


No comments: