Monday, February 4, 2008

Things baby does not like

I've started to notice recently that Super Baby is starting to pick up on life outside the womb. I like to believe it has a super keen set of ears and little binoculars from which it peers out of my tummy. And it's starting to form opinions, so I'm pleased that our values are being transmitted already.

The first instance of note was on Shabbat morning this past weekend during text study. We were looking at Jewish law and abortion, which was a really interesting discussion. By no means was it a political argument of any kind, but I think Super Baby knew something was up that potentially had to do with it and got a little agitated. I think it heard "fetus" and "abort" in the same sentence and must have panicked. I hadn't felt any movement all morning until this discussion, so it was quite fascinating to observe its reaction. Don't worry Baby, you're in the clear on this one!

Then last night during the Super Bowl, it started throwing a 4th quarter tantrum...I don't blame it. I almost threw a tantrum myself. We were all really bummed at the outcome of the game. Poor Super Baby, experiencing it's first taste of what it's like to be a Boston sports fan and the innate heartache. Eli is DEFINITELY off the list of names now. (Not that it was ever on, but for sure now it will never be.)

No comments: