Yeah, not so much. That's what the Nest Baby said to me when I signed on this morning. Apparently they didn't get the memo that my child was not in fact born yesterday.
So May 31, the big day emblazoned in our minds for the last nine months, came and went. We went to services, as usual. Came home for a little nap, as usual. Took a big walk, as usual. (Stopped at Starbucks to get some water where I completely dumbfounded the baristas when they asked me when I was due and I said "Today.") Bid farewell to Mike's parents. Went to dinner, then a friend's birthday party. Home and in bed at midnight. Just another Saturday. No baby.
What the heck??!! I had envisioned myself at Cedars, with the TV tuned to CNN watching the Rules and Bylaws Committee of the DNC battle it out over Michigan and Florida...but the way it stands now, I'll actually get go to cast my June 3 ballot in person as opposed to the mail. (No on 98, Yes on 99 - save rent control!) I haven't had contractions in almost 2 weeks, so I'm no further progressed...we go back to the doctor on Thursday for another check and an ultrasound, and the dreaded discussion of induction. I'm really hoping we don't have to go to that appointment! (Also in the interest of an AJU rabbinic student, who shall remain unnamed, who needs to observe a life cycle event before June 11.)
We did our first load of baby laundry this morning so we have a few onesies and blankets ready. And Mike's mom crocheted us a BEAUTIFUL blanket that we can't wait to use, so slowly but surely baby things are creeping into the apartment. Shawn and Zuzana are coming over to check out our baby gear - make sure the Pack and Play is properly assembled (Abby seems to be holding up fine in hers, so we trust them!), and help us with the stupid car seat base considering we can't find a single public service department in the county willing to inspect it and ensure the safety of our new infant. Nothing like LA's finest police officers and firefighters passing the buck - "Oh yeah, you should go the fire department"...(go to the fire department)..."No, you need to go to the POLICE department"...(go to the police)..."No, you need to call the CHP"...(call CHP)..."Yeah, we're booked until July. Why don't you make an appointment then?"
Well, I guess that's it - no news is, well, no news. Here are some pictures to enjoy in the meantime:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The baby blanket is pretty! I think I was in high school when Mom started working on that...
Kim, you may not have a baby yet but you look fine as always!
Post a Comment