Uh, testing...is this thing on? ::tap tap tap::
What is it they say - you make plans and God laughs? Famous last words? Or something cliche like that...
So I guess we're back to chronicling this next kid's life in the womb, with the added twist of Ivy's role in all of it. Stay tuned - it's going to be a bumpy ride!
Yes, it's true. The blog is coming out of hibernation. It's been WAY too long. You know, when you're wrangling a toddler and working and dealing with life and such, frivolities like blogging just get brushed aside. Frankly, I'm also trying to read more books this days, and I've gotten really sucked into GLEE, but that's another story. What changed, then? Funny you should ask...read on:
Back on February 3, my dear friend Amy and faithful blog reader posted on my Facebook page, wondering about the status of this here blog - had we given up? I explained my above-mentioned reasons, and said maybe when the next kid comes around we'll start it up again...but that wouldn't be for a LONG time.What is it they say - you make plans and God laughs? Famous last words? Or something cliche like that...
Two days and 4 pregnancy tests later...gulp.
SURPRISE! Here we go again! BabySilv 2.0!
(Okay, I know for probably 95% of you who just read that this is "the announcement"...and I hate that I did it via blog and Facebook and whatnot, but again, things change. Sorry, very few people got personal phone calls. And I know I'm already about 18 weeks along, well into the second trimester, but again, the situation has been complicated.)
(Okay, I know for probably 95% of you who just read that this is "the announcement"...and I hate that I did it via blog and Facebook and whatnot, but again, things change. Sorry, very few people got personal phone calls. And I know I'm already about 18 weeks along, well into the second trimester, but again, the situation has been complicated.)
Believe me, there is a LOT of back story which I will get around to sharing soon. In fact, this revived iteration of the blog will also share some of the more challenging parts of this pregnancy and of parenting, in addition of course to the endless humor that inevitably ensues. I have found incredible support and strength in reading blogs from other moms who have experienced some of the things that I have gone through in the last couple years, especially in the last couple months. And I can only hope that if this blog is being spread virally (am I kidding myself that more than 3 people read it?) I can be a source of support and strength to others, even if I never know about it.
So I guess we're back to chronicling this next kid's life in the womb, with the added twist of Ivy's role in all of it. Stay tuned - it's going to be a bumpy ride!
Kiss the baby...

3 comments:
That's not "kissing the baby". It's called "motor-boating."
can't wait to read more! mazel tov!
Can't wait to catch up in July! Hope you're feeling OK and Ivy's letting you rest a little (ha ha). Love to all,
Deb and the boys
Post a Comment