I've started making lists...for nesting purposes. And just for keeping all my thoughts straight for the next couple months. I have a serious case of preggers brain, and if I don't write it down, it will likely be forgotten in approximately 15 seconds. So I opened up a notebook that I keep on my dresser and just start listing things. It's a to-do list of epic proportions - it even includes my fantasy wish list of what I'd do if I had a day to pamper myself! Of course that's in addition to the mundane like cleaning out closets and buying various newborn necessities, not to mention my own personal CVS shopping list like "nail clippers" and "shaving cream" (even though there aren't many parts of me left that I am able to shave...).
Here's the problem - I'm great at making lists, and terrible at crossing things off. I think I just like the exercise of writing things down. It helps me feel organized and energizes me to get to work. But I always seem to put off getting things done, or deciding they don't need to be done at all. I am determined to turn over a new leaf, and not go down that road this time...what would Dos think if s/he came home to an untidy house or saw its mommy for the first time without unwaxed eyebrows?
Last weekend, we tackled the biggest item of all - the Closet of Shame. In fact, the very name is why I'm not posting a "before" picture, but here's the result:

Sampler of things still left to do:
- Clean out the garage - we have not best utilized our space, and right now it looks like a stroller warehouse.
- Clean out the file cabinet - it's time to join the 21st century and go paperless over at the Silverstein house. I will be bringing large bags of old (ancient) credit card statements to the office on a daily basis to shred.
- Start reorganizing and prepping Ivy's room in anticipation of her new roommate - included as a sub-list item here is what to do about the big girl bed. We have a great twin size trundle bed that we're planning to use, but need to find someone handy to refinish and paint it. And then we have to figure out exactly when to do the transfer. Ivy loves her crib, and I don't want her to feel like she's being kicked out when Dos arrives. But I do want her to have time to get used to the new bed so when it comes time for Dos to take over the crib she won't freak out, even though that won't be until s/he is about 3-4 months old.
- See RAMONA AND BEEZUS...alone. With popcorn and gummy bears. Alone. (See fantasy wish list for Day of Pampering)


No comments:
Post a Comment