- Feed baby
- Get up to refill water bottle - leave baby sleeping on the bed
- Bring bottle to the kitchen but don't fill it because I decide to have a snack
- Put a piece of bread in the toaster - get peanut butter out
- Remember that I want to look up a random baby product online - leave the kitchen
- Hello baby! (I swear I didn't forget about you) Look up random product on the internet - completely forget about the water and the toast
- Mail's here! Open it to find yet another confused hospital bill - make mental note to call insurance
- Search for the phone to call insurance - on the way, see a basket of Ivy's clean laundry and start putting it away
- While in her closet, I discover a box of cards people gave her from when she was born - stop to read the cards
- Decide I'm thirsty - where's the damn water bottle?
- Feed baby
- Decide to move the nursing party to the living room - I could use a snack...
- See the pile of mail - remember that I need to pay a bill online
- Go back to the bedroom via the kitchen - oh there's my water! Why do i have the jar of peanut butter sitting out?
- Speaking of food, I should make a grocery list - need to look up a recipe
- Wow, there's some cool stuff on FoodNetwork.com!
- 2 hours and dozens of websites later, I remember I made toast - it's now cold, and I'm craving something else anyway
- Dammit - I forgot to call insurance!
- I should start a blog entry - but wait, baby's crying
- Feed baby
- Lather, rinse and repeat
Thursday, October 21, 2010
A day in the life of Mommy Brain
This should come as no surprise to any new mom, but I think the nursing just sucks all sense and clarity from my brain via the boob. Getting sucked into the rabbit hole that is the internet, starting projects but not finishing them, forgetting to eat...yup, that's my life these days. Here's a glimpse into a typical day at home with Sidney:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOLOLOLOLOL.....
Wait, what was I laughing about?
LOL! Oh so true! I wish I could tell you that it gets better, but that would be a lie! Welcome to your new life! (I've been here for almost 8 years.)
Post a Comment