Friday, September 23, 2011

Fastest year EVER

And just as quickly as he charged into our lives, Sidney turned 1.

WHAT?!

Ivy's first year felt like, well, a year. Sidney's felt more like, oh, 20 minutes. I remember exactly this time last year when I was a nervous wreck, just trying to keep him inside through High Holy Days. And then he arrived, and our world was changed. He is the absolute light of my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Here is my birthday letter to him:

Sidney-

On your first birthday, I wish you many more days and years of curiosity, adventure and love. May you find many more cords, wire hangers, and remote controls to play with...just don't hurt yourself. May you learn to stand up for yourself when Ivy loves you just a little too hard and you fall down. And may you continue to make me smile and my heart burst every time you walk into a room. I love you so much and have so much more I could say, but frankly I'm too tired. (And may you also learn to sleep past 4am.)

Love you,
Mommy

Does he know how to rock 1, or what?

1 comment:

Diana M. said...

He is SO incredibly CUTE! Hold on to your hat - this crazy ride doesn't slow down at all! Just gets faster!