Thursday, July 15, 2010

Third trimester, here I am!

I feel like I've been pregnant forever, and even though I only have 13 weeks to go (give or take of course) October STILL feels years away. Heck, it's only July and it's only just started to feel like summer. And I have to get through all of High Holy Days, and that's just a whole other ordeal that I'm not even remotely prepared for. In any case, I suppose the end is in sight and I'm getting really excited to meet this little boxer/soccer player/high fiver.

We've been fielding some other questions, not mentioned a few weeks ago, and I'll tell you that we're pretty much doing everything the same as last time:

  • Not find out the sex - though admittedly I am MUCH more tempted to do so this time. With Ivy, I was never even really intrigued and my intuition towards the end was so strongly "girl" that I didn't give it a second thought. Not only did it not matter (as if we had any control over it!) but it wouldn't really change anything. We weren't going all bonkers decorating a nursery and wanted to buy as many gender neutral items as possible so they could easily be reused. However, when I went to see my friend who's an OB, I made the mistake of asking her after she did the ultrasound if she saw the sex (she knew at the time I didn't want to know). Of course she did, and now it's KILLING me that one of my friends knows and I don't!!! Arg.
  • Not announcing the name - well eventually we will of course, 8 days after birth.
  • Not sharing name choices, though even if we were, we still haven't officially decided. As with last time, our girl name came to us MUCH easier than the boy one. Oy. But we're 99% there for the boy...I'm just trying to let it sink in. Middle and Hebrew names are a whole other story.

Let's see...what else?

I am loving the heat! Seriously, as I mentioned in a previous post, the misery of summer heat has yet to affect me. In fact, I feel healthier and happier with abundant sunshine and warmth that makes me want to be outdoors and stay hydrated. The last couple mornings have been so beautiful, and since I'm up early anyway I decided to take advantage and do some power-walking (lord knows I need to be making more of an effort to exercise!).

I've already started nesting, I think. I just feel an urge to clean everything and weed out closets. I am constantly on a mission to get rid of stuff and reorganize...I just wish I had more time and energy, because the Closet of Shame is beyond shameful. And I keep finding random things I meant to do something with and totally forgot, or realizing that we have certain things that will become irrelevant once Dos arrives. Like our return address labels! They have cute little cartoons of me, Mike, Ivy, and Poker...we certainly can't use them on baby gift thank you notes, if Dos isn't even on the label! (I know, it's the mundane in life that keeps me up at night.)

And, out of nowhere, I have had an abundance of energy to cook dinner every night. I have to give Tamar a shout out here for sharing her Relish subscription where you can menu plan and create grocery lists. Not that we're experiencing a shortage of cookbooks, but if I need to go to the market on the way home and I haven't thought about a single meal, it's perfect. We've only had 1 miss in 3 weeks of dinners. But once I'm done cooking, I'm pretty much done for the night. It's been worth it though, feeling like I'm still contributing to my family and having delicious healthy dinners with lots of leftovers for lunch the next day (also a critical money-saving measure).

Speaking of culinary experiments, I'm really considering making something like this, but maybe as a cupcake pie instead:

Pake - Fat or Awesome?

Don't tempt a pregnant girl, especially one with a penchant for cupcakes.

No comments: