Well, wow. Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions about patio furniture! Definitely some great resources...for later. First, we want to see what the new neighbors bring with them (crossing our fingers that they’re normal, more importantly). But I really don’t think I could face Ivy and tell her that we spent her “IKAR school” money on an outdoor dining set. She’d be scarred for life, probably.
Anyway, since there isn’t too much new and exciting to report, I’m doing another “canned update.” Enjoy!
Pregnancy: 28 1/2 Weeks
Health: Great! Passed the glucose test (phew!) and otherwise I’m well, even though I’m apparently growing a giant baby.
Maternity clothes: My latest revelation is that I like buying maternity clothes, but I don’t like wearing them. I’m not one of those people who can get away with buying cute regular clothes in bigger sizes, because my belly is just too round. Heck, half of my maternity shirts don’t even cover the belly! And I’m not interested in stretching out too many of my normal clothes, so I’m forced to buy maternity. But I realized that the hunt can be fun - searching for steals and deals on the interwebz (I’m the queen of this, I swear) that are stylish and not hideous. I’ve had some great finds...and then I put them on and realize I still look like a whale, albeit a comfortable whale.
Food cravings: I was thinking about the In-N-Out grilled cheese this weekend, and it’s still on the brain. That and peaches. I love peaches.
Belly: Huge. Though thankfully not as itchy as last time.
Movement: Constantly - it freaks Ivy out when she feels it move for real. Usually she'll touch my belly and say "It's moving?" But then we she actually gets kicked she get's this deer in the headlights look and says "No more."
What I am looking forward to: I can’t wait for Ivy to meet Dos for the first time! It will be so great to have her come visit me after the birth, and then have Daddy bring in the baby. I can't stand it, it's so darn amazing to imagine.
What I miss: Feeling normal. It’s complicated.
Best moment this week: The whole weekend was great! We drove to San Diego on Saturday for Kris’s going away party where we saw a bunch of friends. Went out to dinner with my family and had an incredible meal, and then hung out downtown at Heidi’s new condo. Sunday we went to the Dodger’s game where, despite the oppressive traffic and even more oppressive heat, we had a good time. Ivy was a real trooper, though I don’t think she watched more than a minute of the game. However, she did enjoy dancing and running around the concourse and stealing sips of my Icee. And I learned an important lesson - Dodger Stadium is no place for 7 months pregnant women and their toddlers in terms of user-friendliness. Why am I not surprised? I didn’t grow up hating the Dodgers for nothing!
Anyway, since there isn’t too much new and exciting to report, I’m doing another “canned update.” Enjoy!
Pregnancy: 28 1/2 Weeks
Weight Gain: Gulp...
Gender: Been thinking girl lately...who knows.
Sleep: I’m at the point where I can’t really move or flip over with ease, so I end up on one side and stay there, which works out nicely. But then there’s Ivy, who last week was up a couple times in the middle of the night. She of course requests to come to the “big bed” (ours), which we politely decline. Then if rocking and singing doesn’t work, one of us (and I’ll give you a hint - it’s not me) has to lay down on the floor next to the crib holding her hand through the rail. Mike was the hero the other night, except every time he tried to get up she’d freak out, so he spent a couple hours trying to sleep on the floor. FAIL.
Feeling: Stressed, anxious, etc. (What else is new?) Physically, I’m getting increasingly uncomfortable, but trying to keep up with normal activities.
Health: Great! Passed the glucose test (phew!) and otherwise I’m well, even though I’m apparently growing a giant baby.
Maternity clothes: My latest revelation is that I like buying maternity clothes, but I don’t like wearing them. I’m not one of those people who can get away with buying cute regular clothes in bigger sizes, because my belly is just too round. Heck, half of my maternity shirts don’t even cover the belly! And I’m not interested in stretching out too many of my normal clothes, so I’m forced to buy maternity. But I realized that the hunt can be fun - searching for steals and deals on the interwebz (I’m the queen of this, I swear) that are stylish and not hideous. I’ve had some great finds...and then I put them on and realize I still look like a whale, albeit a comfortable whale.
Food cravings: I was thinking about the In-N-Out grilled cheese this weekend, and it’s still on the brain. That and peaches. I love peaches.
Belly: Huge. Though thankfully not as itchy as last time.
Movement: Constantly - it freaks Ivy out when she feels it move for real. Usually she'll touch my belly and say "It's moving?" But then we she actually gets kicked she get's this deer in the headlights look and says "No more."
What I am looking forward to: I can’t wait for Ivy to meet Dos for the first time! It will be so great to have her come visit me after the birth, and then have Daddy bring in the baby. I can't stand it, it's so darn amazing to imagine.
What I miss: Feeling normal. It’s complicated.
Best moment this week: The whole weekend was great! We drove to San Diego on Saturday for Kris’s going away party where we saw a bunch of friends. Went out to dinner with my family and had an incredible meal, and then hung out downtown at Heidi’s new condo. Sunday we went to the Dodger’s game where, despite the oppressive traffic and even more oppressive heat, we had a good time. Ivy was a real trooper, though I don’t think she watched more than a minute of the game. However, she did enjoy dancing and running around the concourse and stealing sips of my Icee. And I learned an important lesson - Dodger Stadium is no place for 7 months pregnant women and their toddlers in terms of user-friendliness. Why am I not surprised? I didn’t grow up hating the Dodgers for nothing!
Hanging out with "mommy's friends" before Kris leaves for Colombia

Excited for Kristin's little one too!

No comments:
Post a Comment