Well we're getting down to the wire folks, and frankly I'm not sure what to think anymore. I am relieved to be almost done, and both excited and anxious about what happens next after what has been the longest freakin' pregnancy ever. So here's a canned update, since I'm not in the mood to spew what's REALLY been on my mind!
Weight Gain: This is unfair. I am in bed all (okay most) of the day. And I still have to eat even though I can't go out and take nice walks or go to water aerobics. So clearly the net gain is more than it should be. Grrr...
Gender: Still having girl dreams, but doing things like speaking to mohels, just in case.
Sleep: Decent, as long as I don't go to bed with c-section anxiety or worrying that I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night bleeding again. Though the other day, even after a good night's rest, I could NOT keep my eyes open. I had to send Mike for a latte...our power was out, so I couldn't even get up to make a caffeinated cup on my own.
Feeling: Roller coaster mood swings, mostly related to having to dealing with scheduling a c-section. Also a bit relieved that things seem to finally be falling into place...
Health: Hanging in...stabilized, and otherwise in no pain except the discomfort one would expect to feel having a small child strapped to their belly.
Maternity clothes: That's funny. Again, I barely get out of bed, so my "wardrobe" has been t-shirts (that barely cover my belly anymore) and sweat pants. It's a big day when I get to go to a doctor's appointment or something and put on a skirt or jeans.
Food cravings: Wait for it...wait for it...
AUTUMN MIX!!!

Belly: Gooooooooo stretch marks!!!
Movement: The one thing that keeps me sane dealing with the complications...never ONCE have I feared the baby to be in danger because it's like Saturday Night Fever in there. And Ivy loves feeling it now!
What I am looking forward to: Being able to take walks again! Can I handle the double stroller? We shall see!
What I miss: I can't even say alcohol because I've totally thrown in the towel and had a glass of wine when I REALLY needed it. So I'm going to go with taking walks (see above).
Best moment this week: There are a few. First, watching Ivy have a blast at preschool open house today. She is going to love it there. Second, Mike's new job. And third, setting an eviction date for Dos. Drumroll please...
Happy birthday!


2 comments:
yea Sept 28th! Not much longer at all. Hang in there Kim, you will be taking walks with the kiddos real soon. :)
The pic of the autumn mix got me craving...don't know that I can wait until closer to Halloween to buy them now.
Love ya, Amy
I am so thrilled for you kim! Sydney and I are anxiously awaiting #2
Post a Comment